Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Number 5! Thats a goood number!


Jordyn has been playing high school softball for a few weeks now and really loves it. She is doing great! We have a thing about numbers in our house(the kids get this from Bill) Some numbers are better than others when your playing ball, so it is always a goal of the kids to try and get a good one. Jordyn is number 5! That is a good number in our house ( or in Bill's world of sports). I'm sure to most people it means nothing...but when it has to do with sports and Bill everything means something! If you know Bill you know what an Amazing baseball player he was and still is! It has always been a huge part of his identity, and it is fun to see him share his passion and pass his love of the game onto our children. When we were first married we would lay in bed before we drifted off to sleep he would quiz me on sports. "Give me a team, a player and the coach". I used to think he was crazy... but I learned so much. I look back on that and laugh. I had to go get a library book for Jake on Yankee Stadium the other day. I was talking to the librarian as I was requesting a book from another library and she started inquiring about the reason behind the book and began to ask me some baseball questions. I would have made my husband proud! I had all this baseball knowledge in my brain that just came flowing out of my mouth. I shocked myself! Jacob's baseball season is beginning and you can bet that we will all be praying he gets a good number!





1 comment:

Shelley Nicole said...

ha ha ha! Wow, that made me laugh and brought me nostalgic joy! Bill and Scott, one of a kind. I have HAD to be number 8 on every team ever! Softball and volleyball- this due to the fact that my brothers favorite baseball number was 8. Love it! Have fun!