Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Empty Nester's Club


On Sunday while sitting in church the kids were teasing us as they read the church bulletin. There was an announcement for a group called The Empty Nester's Club. This is a group of people who no longer have kids living at home. My kids say it's the old people club. Well for some reason they all thought it would be soooo funny to pick on Bill and I. They reminded us that in only 10 short years they will all be grown and gone and we can join that club. They thought they were hilarious! Well at first I was sad when I thought about that....how can it only be 10 short years and even my boy will be gone? :( It is hard enough for me to watch Jordyn and Emily grow up...they are both such beautiful young women, but at least I will have Jake a little longer. I was not enjoying the teasing.....until I reminded them that in 10 years Bill and I will be traveling to Europe...Bahamas...Disney World...without them. All three of them said "HEY NO FAIR! WE WANT TO COME WITH YOU" I said so sorry I can't I will be in The Empty Nester's Club! Oh sweet revenge :)

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I made the mistake of telling my 15 year son old how much I was going to miss him. I wish I never done that because he proceeded to tease me about it for the next year by giving me a countdown to his leaving all of the time. I think I will have to use your tactic. Vacations . . . right? I will keep reminding myself.